Discussion
Topics
Last Day
Last Week
Tree View

Search
New Messages
Keyword Search

Help
Getting Started
Formatting
Troubleshooting
Program Credits

Utilities
Edit Profile
Administration
Contact

 
forum - discussion board
- about - downloads - registration - forum - misc - home - © 1996-99 GWD Text Editor

Can't install GWD on XP :(

GWD Text Editor Forum: Technical Support: Can't install GWD on XP :(
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Doug Linder on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 04:00 am:

I've been using GWD for years and I really love it. Recently I re-installed Windows XP, and now I can't re-install GWD! When I launch the setup program, I just get an hourglass for a few seconds and then... nothing. No errors, no response at all. The hourglass goes away and that's it. Has anyone encountered this before?

I think I may have to just switch to another editor anyways, it seems GWD is dead as a doornail. The last post from teh developer was, what, two years ago? Sad. I think he should at least release the source code under an open source license so others can continue work on it if he isn't interested or able anymore.

If you have any tips, please drop me an email as I may not remember to come back to this forum.

Thanks!


Add a Message


This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:


- about - downloads - registration - forum - misc - home - © 1996-99 GWD Text Editor