
- about - downloads - registration - forum - misc - home - © 1996-99 GWD Text Editor
Step through recent files
GWD Text Editor Forum: Suggestions: Step through recent files
    By Bart Lateur on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 12:16 am:
When I open the "recent files" list box, I often find myself trying to find a file by typing in the first letter. For example, if I have a file "test.pl", I try pressing the "T" key to quickly go through all the T's. That doesn't work, of course. All files are listed as full paths, so I can quickly step through all the files on drive C: by pressing "C", or those on drive D: using the "D" key. That is virtually all of them. That is useless. What I think would be cool, is to make it actually work. What is needed, i think, is associate each item in the listbox with the first letter of the file's basename. Then subclass the listbox, and trap the keypress (?) messages, check what character is pressed, and make the current item the next item (in circular mode) which is associated to that character, if any. Sounds easy enough to me. Oh, and I'd like to be able to edit the recent files list. There are often files in there that have already been deleted or renamed.
    By Anonymous on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 09:01 pm:
Lovely. Made my day (which is saying something)
    By Anonymous on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 01:21 am:
howdy I quite enjoyed this website .
    By Anonymous on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 12:05 pm:
nice site keep it on ;)
- about - downloads - registration - forum - misc - home - © 1996-99 GWD Text Editor
|